A roundup of the week’s most interesting financial industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, October 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the financial sector stay on top of the most newsworthy and popular releases of the week, here’s a roundup of the week’s can’t-miss stories.
The list below includes the title (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt of each story. Click on the press release headlines to access the accompanying media resources that are available for download.
- Wages haven’t matched inflation, 65% of employed consumers live paycheck to paycheck
Anuj NayarLendingClub’s chief financial health officer, says, “Being employed is no longer enough for everyday Americans. Wage growth has been inadequate, leaving more consumers than ever with little or nothing after managing monthly expenses.”
- Almost half a million claims have been filed after Hurricane Ian
Despite the substantial damage to homes, businesses and vehicles after Hurricane Ian, NICB encourages residents to take their time and not try to rush the rebuilding process to avoid being scammed.
- How 2022 M&A activity returns to pre-pandemic levels, green dealmaking gains momentum
Jens Kengelbach, Global Head of M&A at BCG, says: “The number of ESG-focused deals has been steadily increasing for 20 years, and the number of environmentally-related deals has doubled. Beyond the traditional motivations, sustainability is gaining importance as a reason for acquiring or divesting businesses.”
- US consumer confidence eased in October
“Looking ahead, inflationary pressures will continue to pose strong headwinds to consumer confidence and spending, which could lead to a challenging holiday season for retailers,” he said. Lynn Francosenior director of economic indicators at The Conference Board.
- PayPal introduces more secure payments with access keys
Access keys are designed to replace passwords and enable a seamless login for consumers across devices and platforms.
- Globant launches the WaaSabi platform, which enables customers to add digital wallets to any digital experience
WaaSabi is a B2B fintech solution with over 42 features in a single API that provides plug-and-play functionality with payment and service providers, enabling companies to deliver the e-wallet experience that best suits their their sector and regional needs.
- Savvy Ladies is partnering with Financial Fitness Group to launch its financial literacy course program, furthering its mission to empower women through free financial education.
These interactive financial courses will help women gain confidence and make informed financial decisions wherever they are in their financial journey.
Read more of the latest financial-related releases from PR Newswire and keep up with the most important press releases by following @PRNfinance on Twitter.
Help journalists stay up to date with industry news
Here are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should be aware of. To receive notifications of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom news feed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once registered, journalists, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free characteristics:
- Personalization: Create a personalized news feed that delivers relevant news straight to your inbox. Customize your news feed by keyword, industry, topic, geography and more.
- Photos and videos: There are thousands of media assets available for you to download and include with your next story.
- Experts in the field: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect as sources or to get quotes on your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our reporter- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news summaries, writing tips, upcoming events and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest and most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unmatched global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community of over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who log into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover over 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, please contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire