• The Lake Havasu City Writers Group meets the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month at 1:00 p.m. Call Karen at 928-486-0027 for meeting location. Visitors are welcome.
• Bowls Desert Singles at 4pm 55+ Info: Call Ken at 928-855-7874.
• Our Lady of the Lake Community Soup Kitchen, 1975 Daytona Drive. Departure from 9 to 11 in the morning
• Elks Lodge: dinner from 4 to 8 p.m., live music at 6:30 p.m.
• American Legion Post 81, lunch 11-2. Breaded Fish Fillet Sandwich or Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
• VFW Post 9401, Aug. 13 Bunco, 11 a.m. For more information: 928-855-5374. The VFW kitchen will be closed from August 8th to September 10th for cleaning. Sandwiches, hot dogs and chili will still be served.
• TOPS: Take Off Pounds Sensibly, meets every Saturday morning at the Quality Inn, Cholla Room, at 8am
• Poetry club: from noon to 2pm, every fourth Saturday of the month. Mohave County Library, 1770 McCulloch Blvd., Room A. Visit to talk and write poetry. Notebooks will be provided. Free, public invited.
• AL-ANON meeting. 10 a.m. 2041 Swanson Drive, upper back room, Lake Havasu City. This is a support group for families and friends dealing with the effects of alcoholism.
• Lake Havasu City Library, LEGO League, 9-11 a.m., first Saturday of each month. Use your imagination to create with building blocks. This program is for all ages. For more information, contact Bryan Freiberg at 928-453-0718.
• Eagles Aerie 4299, 11:00 p.m. Lunch Raffle and meat auction. 16:30 Dinner, 18:00 Live music.
• American Legion Post 81, Breakfast 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. SAL Meat Raffle 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 9401, Breakfast from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
• Bingo at Sala Colombina, doors open at 3 p.m. The game starts at 6 p.m
• VFW Post 9401. Breakfast 8 – 11:30 am. Welcome. For more information: 928-855-5374. The VFW kitchen will be closed from August 8th to September 10th for cleaning. Sandwiches, hot dogs and chili will still be served.