Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday oversaw the training of the country’s strategic deterrent forces and troops that are responsible for responding to threats of nuclear war, the Kremlin said.
“Under the leadership of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Vladimir Putin, a training session was held with land, sea and air strategic deterrent forces, during which practical launches of ballistic missiles and cruise ship,” the Kremlin said.
Read more: Russia prepares for “toughest battle” in Kherson, blackouts in Kyiv: 10 points
Here are 5 points from the story:
1. State television showed Vladimir Putin overseeing the exercises from a control room.
2. Vladimir Putin said Russia was aware of Ukraine’s plans to use a “dirty bomb.”
3. The allegation has also been made by Moscow before, but has remained largely unsubstantiated.
4. Vladimir Putin also said that the risk of conflict in the world and the region was high and added that security should be increased at key infrastructure sites.
5. In talks with India and China on Tuesday, Russia also discussed the dirty bomb.